ORA-10567: Redo is inconsistent with data block

Recovery interrupted!
Recovered data files to a consistent state at change 13507372
Fri May 11 20:11:09  2012
Errors in file e:\oracle\product\10.2.0\admin\ecc\bdump\eccstandby_mrp0_2724.trc:
ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P011
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [3020], [1], [56204], [4250508], [], [], [], []
ORA-10567: Redo is inconsistent with data block (file# 1, block# 56204)
ORA-10564:

I had an interesting scenario lately. In a dataguard configuration my primary database had block corruption. But instead of

failing over I decided to repair the database by doing point-in-time recovery by rolling back 5 minutes before the bloxk

corruption.

I used RMAN command like below on Primary

run {
set until time to_date(’12-May-2012 02:15:00′, ‘DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS’);
restore database;
recover database;
}

Now this recovered the primary and I was able to connect the Application. Now i wanted to check what was happeining on the

standby. The alert log on standby gave below error

ORA-10567: Redo is inconsistent with data block (file# 1, block# 56204)

I immediately knew my PITR on primary was the reason for this inconistency. This is called a ‘STUCK RECOVERY’.There is an

inconsistency between the information stored in the redo and the information stored in a database block being recovered.

The best way to overcome is to restore from a backup and doing a point-in-time recovery to a time PRIOR to the one implied

by the ORA-600[3020] error.

So all I had to do is rewind the standby database to one minute before the Primary restore time and let dataguard do its

magic.

run {
set until time to_date(’12-May-2012 02:14:00′, ‘DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS’);
restore database;
recover database;
}

Once I did this I checked the v$managed_standby view for MRP0 process and it had started applying the logs by then.

Dataguard brought the standby in sync with primary. Magical !

By doing it this way; I recovered my primary database quickly and avoided failover to standby site and rebuilding the

standby database from scratch. Please note this procedure was done on Oracle 10.2.0.5 database running on Windows Server

2003. Also I had a full backup from 2 days before both on Primary and Standby site. Also all archivelogs after that day

existed on disks of both Primary and Standby.

Advertisements

One thought on “ORA-10567: Redo is inconsistent with data block

  1. my senario is datafile sizes os level occupy 20 GB but actual block sizes 2GB.
    how can shrink datafile and which command .
    Please needfull

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s